Saturday, June 28, 2008

Grey Matter in Grand Theft Parsons

A few years ago, I was given the opportunity by a friend of mine, President of Hood League Records, to be an extra in a scene with Christina Applegate (famosa a la Married With Children). I agreed and ended up being a hippie. It was a strange day because we were filming at LAX, my friend was also on the production team and we had agreed to drive downtown to exchange some film. On the way, we stopped at the house of an Up-and-Coming Chicano gangsta rapper named Spanky Loco. ALL THE WHILE, I AM DRESSED LIKE A HIPPIE!

We smoke a blunt on the side of the house with him and his friend. Midway through this very nice chronic blunt, my friend exploded laughing as he realized, he was telling Spanky Loco that we were filming this movie and had forgotten to mention why I was dressed the way I was.

Soon enough, we were all laughing our asses off and me and my friend had to return to our business. Man, it was a crazy day!


So here it is, Grey Matter as a Hippie in Grand Theft Parsons.

No comments:

About RYME and Grey Matter

My photo
Grey Matter (aka Ruben Young) is an anthropologist, activist, artist, MC & blogger working as a freelance graphic designer and illustrator. Originally from the Inland Empire, CA. Currently living and working in Sacramento, CA.